Impact Of Food Additives On Children
- December 16, 2019
- 139 Views
We all know that good nutrition is important, but recent research shows how dangerous certain foods are for a child’s early development. According to several studies by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) one major cause is food additives.
What does a can of corn have? What do takeaway pizza, reusable water bottles, bright green yoghurt, and inflatable pool toys have in common? They all contain supplements or chemicals that can be dangerous for children.
Food additives have been used for thousands of years since humans realized that salt can protect the meat from spoilage. At present, there are more than 10,000 additives that are FDA-approved for preserving, packaging or modifying food taste, appearance, texture or nutrition. But more and more evidence shows that some chemicals used as food additives should be avoided, especially for children.
In the last few decades, the number of chemicals added to food and other products have skyrocketed. We have created all kinds of plastics that are used in countless ways. We add preservatives to the food to keep it fresh. We add chemicals to food to make it look more attractive. We have produced food packaging to keep our food clean. We add chemicals to lotions and cosmetics to make them visible, smell and nice… the list continues to grow as we discover and use chemicals.
We do all this for good reasons, but we have learned that many of these chemicals can be dangerous.
Children are smaller, so the “dose” of chemicals is higher. They put more hands in the mouth than adults so that they might swallow more. Their bodies continue to evolve, putting them at higher risk for danger – and they are still young, so chemicals have more time to do more damage.
How Food Additives Impact:
The article statement specifically warns:
- Bisphenol They can act as estrogen hormones and affect puberty and fertility. Bisphenol can also increase body fat and cause problems with the immune system and nervous system. Among other things, they found in the lining of food and beverage cans, plastic and cash register receipts. They are in plastic bottles and teacups; Even though it is forbidden, older bottles and glasses may still contain them.
- Phthalates They can also act like hormones that interfere with male genital development and increase the risk of obesity and cardiovascular disease. They are everywhere not only in plastic packaging, garden hoses and inflatable toys but also in things like nail polish, hair spray, lotion and perfume.
- PFC Perfluorocarbon This can cause low birth weight babies, immune problems, thyroid, and fertility. They are found commonly in greaseproof paper, cardboard packaging, and commercial household products such as water repellent fabric and non-stick pans.
- Perchlorate These chemicals also affect thyroid function and can affect early brain development. It is included in some dry food packages – to reduce static electricity – and sometimes in drinking water.
- Artificial food colours have been shown to increase symptoms in children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder or ADHD. They are found in all types of food, but especially in those who care for children in the market.
- Nitrates They can affect the thyroid and the ability of the blood to supply oxygen to the body. You can also increase the risk of some types of cancer. They function to preserve food and enhance their colour. They are common in processed foods, especially in meat.
As a parent What To Do About Food Additives And Chemicals?
- These chemicals are everywhere, and it’s impossible to avoid them altogether. The following suggestions we have to offer:
- Buy and serve more fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables and less processed meat, especially during pregnancy
- as heat can cause plastic BPA and phthalates to enter the food, avoid microwavable foods or drinks in plastic containers. Also, wash the plastic by hand instead of putting it in the dishwasher
- Use more glass and stainless steel than plastic
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after eating and clean all fruits and vegetables.
Here are a few ideas:
- Generally, reduce canned food and drinks.
- Cut intake of fast food and processed food.
- Read the label. Find out what is in the product that you are using.
- Look for lotions, soaps and other products that are made naturally and do not contain fragrance.
- You will be amazed by what a little soda or vinegar can do.
- The idea is not to be paranoid (although this is an understandable feeling); The idea is to find out – and make some simple changes that can help prepare children and their families healthier.
Many new techniques are explored that increase the production of food additives. One approach is the use of biotechnology to make food additives from simple organisms. Remember! While there are ways to limit the number of potentially dangerous supplements in your family’s diet, strong precautions and
l food safety requirements help keep all children healthy.
About the Doctor:
Dr. Saxena is the founder and director of Dr Saxena Integrative Medicine Pvt Ltd, recognized by the DIPP Government of India. It is popular for developing a plan for the transformation of healthcare in India, which includes strategies for developing effective and affordable care for all Indians.
Dr. Saxena considers each patient to be unique and seeks to combine treatment methods in both conventional and biological medicine to formulate protocols that are best suited to the individual patient. He has practised holistic and integrative medicine for over fifteen years and worked for over ten years as a Board-Certified specialist in Clinical Metal Toxicologist.
Over the years, Dr. Saxena has helped people with chronic health problems using the latest advances in complementary & integrative medicine, which emphasizes science-based natural therapies in place of surgery & prescription medications. With vast experience in the field of Radiology (interventional), he has done extensive work in AUTISM & vaccine safety. He adopted chronic disease management programs using novel treatment procedures like detoxification, metabolic weight loss, non-toxic cancer therapies (immune modulation, nutraceuticals), external counter-pulsation (non-surgical bypass), Ozone & HYPERBARICS therapy for addressing various ailments. The essence of his practice is balancing the physiology and biochemistry at the cellular level by removing toxicity and & correcting oxygen levels.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- January 14, 2020
- January 01, 2020
- December 25, 2019
- December 26, 2019
- December 19, 2019
- December 24, 2019
- December 21, 2019
Dr.Saxena Cured Heart Problem Of A 73yr old Narsingh Rao Without Angiogram Stunt